Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Glide vs Fly

Pushing forward, cracked rear view
I hear u clearly and keep driving.
Alive by the will to survive I strive
to surpass those without the gas to
live a life worth living. Forever giving
but not forever forgiving. One chance
to advance past the wall I installed to
stall the thieves clawing with slim tipped
claws trying to withdraw the last drop
of compassion I keep to build upon
once my foundation shows flaws.
I no longer value the empty promises
of those I once held high until I let them
go and they tried to glide; thats not
the same as taking a leap and leaning to fly.
Im still here and its still clear they
dont want me to shine. So I brush off
my glow and rush to buff off whats mine.
those same people walk around half blind.
Trying to spell big words only I can define.
Braincells to paper, paper to voice, voice to
ears, and back again. In the end im still real
and true to who knew me from within.
With a smirk and a grin.




No comments:

Post a Comment