Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Broken Steps


Deaf from the sound

of hope striking the ground.

Standing furiously weak,

curiously I can't speak.

Cant find my place

or a familiar face

or a comfortable space

to suit my taste.

The lines don’t rhyme.

My colors don’t shine.

My mind is not mine.

Cant move. Half-blind.

Rotten; forgotten, bruised,

all used, confused, abused,

self inflicted and gifted.

I can taste it. I waste it.

Could have's and did not's.

Would have's and missed shots.

A formidable enemy within.

Death is the inevitable end.

Until then I mend.

Break in two or bend.

BREATH DEEP!

Count down from 10 to begin.

I’ve been here before; ill be here again.

Look further than NOW

for the answer of “how?”.

I’ve been strong way too long

to not right my wrongs.

EXHALE

Bring it all. Bring it loud.

I stand tall. I stand proud

No comments:

Post a Comment